Please note Eco Approach is the new home to all business clients click here to visit the site or Login

Gas Safety Certificates - CP12

Get a Gas Safety Certificate for your rented property

Landlords, letting agents, and property owners need a CP 12 or Gas Safety Certificate every 12 months to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all heat producing gas products in their property.

If you own or manage a residential property, the certificate is a requirement by the UK Government. This document will also be provided when a Gas Safe registered engineer installs a gas appliance in your building.


Lower Farm Academy

What happens during the inspection

propcert engineer

A qualified gas engineer is on the Gas Safe register. When they make their inspections, they check the following:

  • Gas tightness in appliances
  • Working pressure and standing of gas appliances
  • Flue flow that ensures the safe removal of products of combustion
  • The safe operation of flame failure products
  • Chimney flow for gas and fume discharge
  • Full system installation safety and gas tightness
  • Adequate ventilation for products
  • Burner pressure and gas rate of appliances
  • Overall condition by checking any unsafe features

The Health and Safety Executive states that a residential property’s permanent and portable gas appliances and flues should be checked annually.

Although this does not mean that landlords have the responsibility to have their tenants’ gas appliances checked, the pipes and flues these products are connected to must be inspected and cleared.

What happens after an inspection?

Once the inspection has finished, the Gas Safety Certificate should contain the following information:

  • Each appliance’s or flue’s description including its location
  • Details of the Gas Safe Registered engineer who did the inspection
  • Inspection date
  • Address of the property
  • Details of the landlord or managing letting agent
  • Safety concerns and actions taken
  • Confirmation that inspection has been carried out in accordance with the Gas Safety Regulations 1998
epc assessor conducting an epc assessment in a residential home
Lower Farm Academy

Add a boiler serivce and save money

Many customers have their boiler serviced alongside their  annual Gas Safety Certificate check. 

Our gas engineers can do both while at your property.  So you don’t have to book two separate visits and you can save money by combining services over ordering them separately. 

Keep your boiler in top condition, avoid expensive breakdown costs, and get annual reminders for both.  

Save money by ordering both today. Click below for a quote.

Why PropCert?

Since 2010, we have been providing you with EPCs, EICRs, CP12s and lots more. Experience our ‘Excellent’ rated, fast and friendly, hassle-free service today. We’ll help take the stress out of getting certified.

What our customers say…

Contact us for a quote…


Our accreditations