Effective date: 12.07.2023
When you visit and browse our website, when you place an order for our services, or when you get in touch with us, we collect various types of personal data about you such as your name, your email address, and your financial information.
2 - WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
When you visit www.propcert.co.uk Eco Approach Ltd is the Data Controller:
- Company Name: Eco Approach Ltd
- Company Number: 08624580
- Company Registered Business Address: 182a High Street, Beckenham, England, BR3 1EW
- Company Email Address: email@example.com
- Company Website: www.propcert.co.uk
3 - WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
When you visit and browse our website, when you place an order for our services, or when you get in touch with us, we collect various types of personal data:
- Basic personal details
Name, surname, phone number
- Data about your property
Your postcode, your address, your property type, floor plan, contact details of the individual for access to your property
- Data about your business
When you register for a business account on our website or when you order services on behalf of your business, you provide us with data such as your business name, business, address and email.
- Financial Information
Your credit/debit card details include CCV, card number, and expiry date.
- Data about Fieldworker
When you register for an account on our website to provide services as a Fieldworker, you provide us with data such as your accreditation number, qualifications you hold, and the VAT number, if applicable.
- Data we collect via cookies and other third-party tools
By using cookies and similar tools, we also collect various types of data about you such as your device ID, your browser settings, and your browsing activity across different websites.
4 - HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Data you directly and voluntarily provide to us
When you fill out a form on our website, when you make a payment, or when you contact us, you voluntarily provide us with your personal data such as your name, email address, postcode, your business name and address, and your accreditation details.
When you fill out an order form and make a payment to order our services, you voluntarily disclose your personal data to us as detailed in this form.
- Data we automatically collect about you
When you visit our website and interact with our website, content, and services, we automatically collect various personal data about you by using cookies and other similar tools.
For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect data such as your IP address, your device model, your approximate geographic location, and your actions on our website to analyze your behavior and to improve our website and services.
Data we automatically collect about you includes:
Internet protocol (IP) address
Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Date and time stamp of your visit
Your clicks and other actions on our website
Your browsing activity on other websites, apps, and platform
5 - PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When we collect, use, share, store, and otherwise process your personal data, we pursue the following purposes:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- To provide our services
- To analyze our website visitors’ profiles and browsing behavior to improve our website, content, and our services
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- For ad retargeting and to personalize ads
- To process payments you make in exchange for our services
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- To send you marketing emails and text messages
- To defend legal claims, to protect our rights and third parties’ rights and to prevent fraud
- To enter into a contractual agreement with you when you register for our service or when you place an order
- To perform our contractual obligations
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
6 - LEGAL BASIS WE RELY ON TO COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
|Purpose of data processing
||Categories of data
|Provide, operate, and maintain our website
To provide our services
To perform our contractual obligations
To enter into a contractual agreement with you when you register for our service or when you place an order
To process payments you make in exchange for our services
Payment card details
|Data provided by you when you fill out the forms on our website and make payment
||Contractual Necessity under Article 6.1.b of the UK GDPR
|To send you marketing emails and text messages
||Your email address
Your phone number
|Data directly provided by you
||Legitimate Interests under Article 6.1.f of the UK GDPR
|To analyze our website visitors’ profiles and browsing behavior to improve our website, content, and our services
Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
|Log data IP address, browser type, pages browsed on our website, referring domains, search terms
||We automatically collect these categories of personal data when you access and interact with our website
|To comply with applicable laws and regulations
||Data you provide to us and data we automatically collect
|Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
||Email address and phone number
||Data you voluntarily provide to us
|To defend legal claims, to protect our rights and third parties’ rights, and to prevent fraud
||Data relevant to the issue at hand
||Could be data you directly provide or data we automatically obtain
7 - DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In limited circumstances, we disclose your personal data to third parties for various purposes:
|WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS DISCLOSED?
||WHO RECEIVES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
|Your name, surname, your phone number, your postal address, your property details
Fieldworkers who contact you to schedule an appointment so that they can carry out the services you ordered
|When we use the services of third parties, we disclose various personal data to such third parties.
It includes data analytics service providers, ad networks, advertisers
|Cardholder name, cardholder address, card number, payment amount, transaction date, and transaction time
||PAYMENT PROCESSING PROVIDER
To enable you to make payments on our website
|All data as may be required for us to comply with lawful requests by courts and competent law enforcement authorities
||LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES
8 - INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
When we transfer your personal data to an entity in a third country, we comply with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
When we transfer your personal data to a third country that is deemed non-adequate by the UK, we rely on the Standard Contractual Clauses under the UK GDPR to lawfully transfer your data.
When we transfer your data to such recipient, we implement the International Data Transfer Agreement as approved by the ICO.
9 - DATA RETENTION
We store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the data was collected and processed.
When determining for how long we will store your personal data, we take into account the following criteria:
- Type of personal data at hand, and its degree of sensitivity
- Purposes for which we collected the personal data
- The legal basis we rely on to collect, use and store personal data
- Categories of data subjects to whom the data belongs to
- Any applicable laws and/or regulations that require us to store personal data for a certain time period
10 - YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to be informed - You have the right to know if we collect and/or process any personal data about you.
- The right to access - You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
11 - HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
- Exercising your rights via email
You can email us at:
- Exercising your rights via post
Alternatively, you can also send a post to the addresses below:
182a High Street, Beckenham, BR3 1EW England
12 - HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
Should you wish to file an official complaint with UK Data Protection Authority, you can get in touch by using the following communication channels:
- The ICO’s postal address
Information Commissioner’s Office
- ICO Helpline number
0303 123 1113
- ICO website